Fun Facts: Vegetarian
- 17.3 Million Americans are vegetarians. Animals are very grateful for this statistic!
- 2People that follow a vegetarian diet have lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure and a lower risk of Type 2 diabetes than meat eaters.
- 3While vegetarians will eat cheese and eggs, Vegans abstain from any product that comes from animals including gelatin and honey!
- 4Vegetarianism has traditionally been linked to the people of ancient India. Even today, Indians make up more than 70 percent of the world's vegetarian population.
- 5Some famous vegetarians includes Sir Paul McCartney, Ozzy Osborne, Sinead O'Connor, Brad Pitt, Albert Einstein, Henry Ford and Leonardo da Vinci.