Taco FranchisesMore About Taco Franchises
¡Ay, caramba! Americans sure do love their Mexican food, particularly the taco. Last year, Americans consumed over 4.5 billion tasty tacos! The delicious taco actually made its way from Mexico to the U.S. in the early 1900's as street fare before it grew into the popular food that it is today. Search below for a taco franchise perfect for you!
At this time, there are no franchises that match your search request. Please revise your search to view other opportunities.
Fun Facts: Taco
- The taco started during the 18th century in Mexican silver mines.
- In 2012, the U.S consumed 4.5 billion tacos.
- The taco made its way over to the U.S. in 1905 and started out as street fare.
- Taco Bell was the first Mexican food franchise and was opened in Downey, California in 1962.
- October 4th is National Taco Day!
- The world record for most tacos eaten is 53 soft beef tacos in 10 minutes. The record was set in 2011.
- While many American tacos feature cheese and ground beef, authentic Mexican tacos generally include a small portion of meat, fresh produce like onion, tomato, avocado and cilantro on top of a small corn tortilla.