Sports Bar FranchisesMore About Sports Bar Franchises
Some of American's favorite pastimes includes enjoying some wings and ice cold beer with friends while watching the big game, guess that would explain while the sports bar is such a popular concept! Sports bars are the perfect combination of bar foods & drinks, companionship and sports. If you're a sports fanatic with a passion for food, opening a sports bar may just be the perfect opportunity for you. Search below for our directory of sports bar franchises!
Sports Bar Franchises
Fun Facts: Sports Bar
- The first sports bar dates back to the early 20th century when "runners" would take the scores at games and run them back to the patrons at bars. Prohibition killed the then-"sports bar" but with the invention of the television they came roaring back to the sports bar we all know today.
- Sports bars generally offer many televisions with multiple games on, plenty of beer and a variety of bar food, such as wings or sandwiches.
- Palermo's Neighborhood Tavern located in St. Louis is said to be America's original sports bar.
- The world record for most beers drunk in one sitting was awarded to André René Roussimoff, a Polish wrestler who drank 119 bottles of beer in one sitting. Burp!
- Among adults who say they currently watch NFL football on TV, 60% say they spend 5 hours or less per week watching football during the NFL season and over one quarter say they spend between 6 and 10 hours per week watching (27%).