At this time, there are no franchises that match your search request. Please revise your search to view other opportunities.
Fun Facts: Pretzel
- 180 percent of pretzels consumed in the USA are made in Pennsylvania, where hard pretzels originated.
- 2The average U.S. citizen consumes up to two pounds of pretzels per year
- 3The largest pretzel ever made was 5 feet across and weighed 40 pounds.
- 4The phrase "tying the knot" came from the Swiss, who incorporate a 'lucky pretzel' in wedding ceremonies. Newlyweds traditionally make a wish and break a pretzel, the same way people in other cultures break a wishbone or a glass.
- 5The exact year pretzels were created is not know for certain, but many sources suggest that they were probably invented by Christian monks sometime around 610 A.D.
- 6Pretzels were made by hand until 1935 when the first automated pretzel machine was introduced