At this time, there are no franchises that match your search request. Please revise your search to view other opportunities.
Fun Facts: Italian Food
- 1Spaghetti and meatballs is one of America's most popular Italian dishes. It was present in 19th century southern Italy, however it is practically extinct in Italy today.
- 2Alfredo sauce, used in Fettuccine Alfredo, was created by Roman restaurateur Alfredo di Lelio in 1914
- 3The world record for largest calzone weighed 69.3 lbs and was made by Mike Wilson and fellow employees of the Loveshack restaurant in West Lafayette, Indiana in 2003. The calzone measured over 9 feet long!
- 4There are more than 600 different types of pasta.
- 5Before eating a meal, Italians will say to each other 'Buon appetito!' which means 'Good appetite!'.
- 6The average person in Italy eats more than 51 pounds of pasta every year. The average person in North America eats about 15 pounds per year.
- 7It was not until the 1700\’s until tomato sauce was included with spaghetti in Italian kitchens.