Baby's Badass Burgers
Start a gourmet burger food truck business, and capitalize on one of the fastest growing segments in franchising today. With a Baby's Badass Burgers Franchise, you will be serving a product that can't be beat, enjoying low start-up costs, unparalleled support and a sure-fire media explosion in your market. Learn more now!
$ 50,000 Min.Cash Required
Fun Facts: Catering & Food Delivery
- Pizza delivery drivers make about $2 to $5/hour, plus tips.
- There are about 3 million food trucks in the U.S.
- The organic food industry has grown from $1 billion in 1990 to $29.22 billion in 2011. Recently, the industry is growing roughly 10 percent every year.
- According to the National Fisheries Institute, the average American eats more than 15 pounds of seafood each year, consuming about 4.2 pounds of shrimp.
- 12.5 million coins per hour are inserted into vending machines in the US.
- In 1949, Richard and Maurice McDonald opened the first McDonald's restaurant in San Bernardino, California - the McDonald Brothers Burger Bar Drive-In.
- White Castle was the 1st restaurant to offer takeout food in the US in the early 1900's.
- Beverages are the vending industry's best seller, accounting for $14 billion dollars a year.
- The biggest lobster ever recorded weighed 44 pounds and stretched to 41 inches.
- Organic food is the fastest growing sector of the American food industry.
- Street food has roughly 2,500 social media mentions per month! #wow
- The history of Meals On Wheels goes back to England during World War II.
- Weddings are the most frequently catered events.
- The three most popular entrees ordered from food trucks are sandwiches, Mexican fare and hamburgers.
- America's first certified organic food restaurant was opened up in Washington D.C. in 1999.
- December 21st is National Fried Shrimp Day.
- Vending machines make money 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- The 1st restaurant to use the assembly-line system was McDonald's.
- Chinese takeout boxes are not even used in China. Americans invented the Chinese takeout box.
- The Greek mathematician "Hero" invented a machine that would vend holy water in Egyptian temples in 215BC.
- Seafood is an extremely healthy food group known for being low in fat and a high-quality protein. Benefits of eating seafood include lower risk of heart attack, stroke, obesity and hypertension.
- Healthy eating can help fight many diseases such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Food trucks are especially popular because they are economical. The average cost for a food truck meal is $6.33. The average cost of a restaurant entree is $14.09.
- Most customers prefer high-end, local food when placing a catering order.
- According to Zagat, the American cities with the hottest food-truck scenes are New York City, Chicago, Miami, Austin, Portland, Los Angeles, Cleveland, Boston, Houston and Washington, D.C.
- In the United States, lettuce is the second most popular fresh vegetable.
- Portugal & Singapore eat the most fish and shellfish per capita than any other country in the world.
- The first commercial coin-operated vending machines were in London, England; they dispensed postcards.
- France was the original birthplace of what we now call a "restaurant."
- Wendy's created the first drive-thru window in 1970 upon opening their second restaurant.
- The first vending machines in the US were installed on New York City's elevated subway platforms in 1888; they sold Tutti-Frutti gum!
- Seafood is a very versatile meat that can be prepared many different ways including fried, broiled, grilled, sauteed, steamed, poached...the list goes on and on!
- In 1970, consumption of broccoli was only a half a pound per person. Today, the average person in the United States eats four and one half pounds a year.
- Mondays are usually the busiest days of the week for food trucks.
- As drive-thru fast food restaurants became popular, it led to car manufacturers installing cup holders in the 1990s. As fast food drinks became larger, so did the cup holders.